Friday, November 16, 2012

Class Journals

We've been working hard to become good writers! Next week I am introducing these journals into my writing center. I saw this idea on pinterest (where else??? ha!) and thought it was great! The idea is to have themed notebooks for students write in. I decided to make my own books using a bunch of paper that was donated to our school....the paper is 8.5 x 10, so it can't be used in the photo copier. I made some cute covers using clip art and put them in a basket.
I tried to pick themes that would motivate the children to share their stories, so I chose "Sports," "My Vacation," "Happy Birthday," and "My Tooth Story."
I used the book binder at school to complete the books. I can't wait to read some of the stories the class will share! Thanks for checking in and have a great day!