Friday, August 17, 2012

Ready for the weekend?

Hello everyone! I don't know about you, but I am ready for the weekend! It's been a busy week in my classroom, and I have to say I'm happy with my progress so far. I still have not touched my desk area and I have one table with that pile of stuff you have left over....at least I hope you have stuff left over, too, and it's not just me....Anyway, here are a few photos of my progress:
My math wall...I labeled the things that are not obvious. : )
My word wall, modeled after this one on Chalk Talk :
I downloaded the letters here.

I worked on sorting books in my classroom library. I have a few new baskets and put the reading buddies with the basket. 
Here's my version of the going home chart that's all over Pinterest! I am going to attach the children's names with the paper clips.
I also hung the Give Me Five Freebie found here...gotta love teachers who share their work!!
Before I left today, I put up the word "Welcome" using my crayon clothes pins. I found the letters here and printed them on scrapbook paper.
I plan on using these clothes pins to hang student work above their lockers. It will be so quick and easy compared to stapling or using pins!!! Ahh...simple pleasures, huh??
That covers my work this week...Monday my to-do list includes the dramatic play area, my desk, name tags, cubby and locker tags, conference prep, and oh yeah...lesson plans!! Have a great weekend and thanks for checking in!