Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Noodle Necklaces

We focused on the sound of letter Nn last week and made noodle necklaces. The kids always love this activity! I colored some noodles with alcohol and food coloring.
Several of the children decided to make patterns with the noodles: bonus!  = )
I also printed out our sight words in BIG letters and taped them to one of our classroom doors for word practice. I love the way they turned out!
I used DJ Fat Chat for the font...it's hard to tell in the photo just how big they are, but most of them are about 6 inches high and 10 inches long, depending on how many letters are in the word.

Thanks for checking in on my little corner of the kindergarten world~   = )

2 comments:

christine said...

Your BIG sight words are wonderful! I'd love to be able to hang them outside my room so the kiddos can practice reading while waiting to enter the room...is it possible you might be willing to share?
Thanks!
kcahcrim@comcast.net

kinderdi said...

I just printed them one by one...didn't create a file of them...sorry about that! I also typed them in the biggest size font that would fit, but printed them at about 125% if that helps!