Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Snowman Measurement

Hello! We've been working on measurement in math. We completed a couple of projects/centers I found online this week. I've always done a snowman, painted white on blue construction paper; this year I added the measuring component...I found this on Pinterest from Mrs. Lee's website: click here to visit her website and view the original project.
Here is my version...
I love how these turned out; they are hanging in the hall outside of our classroom door.
We did the farm measurement center activity (our story for reading this week was about a farm) from Mrs. Kilburn's Kiddos. I tried to find the exact link to the printable, and couldn't find it! Sorry! If I find it, I will add it. The children used unifix cubes to measure the animals. We also used marshmallows to measure mittens...this activity is from Musings of Me. (I'm not sure if she is still posting her printables or not. I printed this one last winter.) I love being able to print items like this and have them all ready to use!! 

We did our mitten glyphs today; tomorrow we are going to analyze the data. I will post pictures then, but this is the glyph:
It's pretty simple and easy; I had a parent volunteer come in and she did this with the class today. Thanks for checking in and have a good evening!