Friday, January 27, 2012

Our Hot Chocolate Day!

Whew! We made it to Friday! We had another fun and busy week. Today was our "Hot Chocolate Day." I like to do this the last Friday in January to bring closure to our winter activities. We answer the question: Do you like marshmallows in your hot chocolate? Yes or No. Last year I did a graph; this year the children just wrote their names on the appropriate side.
I saw this idea on pinterest and made my own version

(Clip art by DJ Inkers)
The children glued small white squares on the page instead of real marshmallows. Then we had hot chocolate to drink, with or without marshmallows...
...in REAL mugs! No plastic or paper here (except for the spoons!!). Yum! Yum! It was a lot of fun! Now I have 18 mugs sitting on my table to wash, but that's ok. : ) I borrowed them from the lunch room in case you are wondering.

I had a slight case of laryngitis this week...that always makes for interesting days, doesn't it??? Tuesday morning I told the class I needed to get a drink of water (we were at the circle doing calendar). I stepped over to my desk and could hear conversation going on...when I got back, the children had decided I should probably get my tonsils out. That would help my throat and it doesn't even hurt! You  get "sleeping gas" and then your tonsils just disappear! Ha! Too cute! That's why I love kindergarten!! Thanks for checking in! Enjoy your day!