Sunday, February 16, 2014

Valentine's Day in Review

Hello! I thought I'd share a few valentine ideas with you...seems I'm always posting later rather than early, but that's the way it goes! We did these water color resist hearts (paper is 6x12)...based on this pinterest idea.


Here is our classroom door for February: God's love fills our hearts. The children used water and glue to cover the white hearts with tissue paper squares.

One last fun activity...I found the original blackline for this on Heidi Songs blog here a couple of years ago. I always had the children use water colors to reveal the sight words, but this year they used markers....loved it! So much easier and less clean up! I am definitely going to go the marker/white crayon route again  to practice sight words!
(I put one sight word in each heart, instead of one letter, as in the original post.)

Thanks for checking in! Have a great day!