Monday, October 8, 2012

Fall and Halloween I SPY bottles...

Hello again! I am still at home this week while my hubby recovers from surgery...so I thought I'd work on a few fun things for my classroom! Last year, I printed these great free Fall and Halloween themed "word walls" from Teacher Bits and Bobs.  (I've tried searching their blog for the direct link, but it says the page is not available....you may find other great word walls you can use for this as well.) I printed them full size to use in my writing center, but thought it would be fun to turn them into I Spy bottles, too.
I printed the pictures at a smaller scale to put inside the bottle.  The children can cross off the pictures as they find them on the larger sheet...I printed a few of them full size and will laminate them.
I absolutely LOVE making the colored rice to put in these bottles! I made purple for the Halloween bottle and orange for the Fall bottle. I used Gatorade bottles; they are very sturdy!

The children love this activity! Here it is in action:

Thanks for checking in and have a great day!